Did you know that there are still places available on a FREE 6 week Taste for Life cookery courses running at Macclesfield Leisure Centre starting on 11th January?
The course aims to encourage more people to cook meals at home, from scratch, using basic ingredients. You will also learn about the benefits of healthy eating at low cost!
Courses are available to anyone who is:
- A Cheshire East resident
- Aged 18 years and over
- Motivated and wanting learn to cook from scratch and improve cookery skills and eating habits.
During the 6 week cookery course participants will learn to:
- How to cook low cost, healthy nutritious meals from scratch.
- Understand and read food labels
- Prepare portion sizes
- Learn to forward plan and prepare meals
- Reduce waste & utilise store cupboard ingredients
- How to source healthy balanced recipes
- Understand the eat well guide and 5 food groups
You can find out more here, but be quick as places are limited!
More news from Henbury
WarningThe footpath between Henbury and Whirley has become impassable without tall...
In previous years the Millennium Green Trust has been able to inform the community about its activities at its Annual General Meeting. However, it couldn't hold an AGM in 2020 because of Covid-19 Regulations and it's not at all clear how soon it be able to do so in 2021. So the Trust has asked us to publish this summary, prepared by the MG Trust Chairman Susan Pegg, of the work...
#An Opportunity to Investigate? We've received this message from our PCSO Julia Short and thought there might be an opportunity here for one of our readers to join Cheshire Constabulary. Details are in the link Julia has given us. Cheshire Constabulary will be running a number of recruitment webinars over the next few weeks to promote the new fast-track detective constable entry...