Superfast is coming!
We've received a further update from Openreach on the progress of the work to install Superfast Fibre Broadband in Henbury, and build work has commenced.
- The FTTP structures (PONs passive optical nodes) have been built on our systems — this is a large extended build and there are 8 PONs covering the full build
- A mobile planner has been out to site and surveyed the area and put together a plan to serve the contracted customers
- This plan has been broken down into individual work-stream (underground civils, cabling etc.)
- Job packs and the associated commercials have been raised and allocated to the build contractors
- The work on the Spine (the network backbone to the exchange) has started
- The work on most of the PONs has also started. Where we are utilising existing underground ducts, the aim is to prove these routes are clear. This work has started — we can expect to encounter blockages or say mud and silt but the contractor highlights these to us and we try and approve a workaround solution as soon as possible to keep their work fluid.
The contracted date was 14/05/2020 so the government vouchers are valid until 14/05/2021 and we are given 10 months to complete the build i.e. 14/03/2021 to allow the customer's 2 months to place their order and obtain FTTP from their chosen Communications Provider (CP).
If there is any opportunity to complete early we will of course do that
More news from Henbury
You may have noticed that during the recent cold spell with Icy roads and a covering of snow that a contractor has been ploughing some of the the roads around Henbury and laying down a covering of grit at the same time. This initiative is provided by Henbury Parish Council as a trial scheme to assist where the Highway services of Cheshire East do not cover. It is limited in its nature at the...
Dark Lane closed again tomorrow Friday 22nd JanuaryCHESHIRE EAST BOROUGH COUNCILNOTICE OF TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES14 (2) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Cheshire East Borough Council in exercise of its powers under Section 14 (2) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and of all other enabling powers issues this notice temporarily to prohibit traffic in...
Recent inclement weather has added to an ongoing issue of standing water and flooding on the Footpath and land between Henbury and Whirley. Henbury Parish Council have been in discussions with the relevant land owners and Cheshire East Council to find a solution to the issue that is casing concern for residents of the affected properties and walkers. Further site meetings will be held and a...