Superfast is coming!
We've received a further update from Openreach on the progress of the work to install Superfast Fibre Broadband in Henbury, and build work has commenced.
- The FTTP structures (PONs passive optical nodes) have been built on our systems – this is a large extended build and there are 8 PONs covering the full build
- A mobile planner has been out to site and surveyed the area and put together a plan to serve the contracted customers
- This plan has been broken down into individual work-stream (underground civils, cabling etc.)
- Job packs and the associated commercials have been raised and allocated to the build contractors
- The work on the Spine (the network backbone to the exchange) has started
- The work on most of the PONs has also started. Where we are utilising existing underground ducts, the aim is to prove these routes are clear. This work has started – we can expect to encounter blockages or say mud and silt but the contractor highlights these to us and we try and approve a workaround solution as soon as possible to keep their work fluid.
The contracted date was 14/05/2020 so the government vouchers are valid until 14/05/2021 and we are given 10 months to complete the build i.e. 14/03/2021 to allow the customer's 2 months to place their order and obtain FTTP from their chosen Communications Provider (CP).
If there is any opportunity to complete early we will of course do that