Share your views on FlexiLink
FlexiLink is a flexible bus service providing shared transport to users from their desired location and time of pick-up and drop-off.
It provides access to key services (such as shopping and health services) for those residents who are eligible:
- The service is available to those who are aged 80+, have a disability, or live beyond the reach of any other public transport
- The current fare is £3 per journey or free if you have a concessionary bus pass
- The core hours of the service are between 9.30am and 2.30pm Monday to Friday
- The FlexiLink service currently picks service users up from their own home
- All journeys must be pre-booked at least 48 hours in advance via telephone
Cheshire East Council are currently reviewing the FlexiLink service looking at performance, efficiency, affordability and value for money. The identified issues are low levels of demand, under-utilised vehicles and often inefficient vehicle use.
They are proposing
- Expanding the eligibility criteria to serve a wider population
- Expanding the current operating hours and days
- Improving the integration with the mainstream bus network
- Modernising the booking and scheduling system
- Introducing a new fare structure, including a charge for concessionary pass holders.
The public consultation will run for eight weeks from 7 August until 30 September 2023. To have your say complete this survey