When you visit Henbury Church Hall on Tuesday Afternoon JULY 18th you might wish to ask the organisers some questions. Here's a few you could consider.
- What will they be doing about the water absorbed in the field currently, when it rains heavily? Flood plain?
- What are they doing with the stream than runs through the site?
- Does the plan include an exit on to Whirley Road, which in places is single track, and leads on to single track lanes? If the traffic does come down Whirley Road, are the developer and council going to install pavements in the places where it is missing, so pedestrians can walk safely?
- Pollution. Nearby Broken Cross has the greatest traffic pollution in Macclesfield, what measures are in play to combat pollution?
- When are they proposing to add infrastructure like sewers and electric grid, both of which are currently at capacity?
- Where are they planning children will go to school, as Whirley school is full?
- Why have they given less than a weeks' notice of the consultation, and caused confusion by leafleting with the wrong dates?
- The plans are to be submitted by Robinsons Brewery, but who is the actual builder?
- What's the provision for affordable housing?
- What's the provision for off street parking? (Jasmine's parking woefully lacking, cars park on pavement)
- Will they be preserving the 500 new trees that were planted in this area in 2013 by volunteers from the local community ?
More news from Henbury
Henbury Events Committee are running their ever popular BINGO NIGHT in the Church Hall on Friday November 16th 2018 .It's great fun for all the family and there's a Fish & Chip Supper too for which you need to book in advance !It's usually a sell out so don't delay , BOOK YOUR TICKETS TODAY...
The ladies of the Flower Guild at St Thomas' Church in Henbury created these beautiful displays of flowers, fruit and vegetables inside the Church in readiness for yesterday's Harvest Festival. The generous donations of harvest gifts received at the service were very much appreciated by those parishioners who received them today.Don't forget the Harvest Supper on the 19th at the...
Henbury TravelLocal resident Richard Slater has asked if we would let you know about a couple of events his business, Henbury Travel, will be holding over the next few months. Richard told us that he will be running joint presentations with Saga Holidays, Great Rail Journeys and Shearing's. He plans to hold the events in Henbury if possible.Richard will be joined first by Wayne from...
Church Hall Car Park
Henbury Millennium Green