When you visit Henbury Church Hall on Tuesday Afternoon JULY 18th you might wish to ask the organisers some questions. Here's a few you could consider.
- What will they be doing about the water absorbed in the field currently, when it rains heavily? Flood plain?
- What are they doing with the stream than runs through the site?
- Does the plan include an exit on to Whirley Road, which in places is single track, and leads on to single track lanes? If the traffic does come down Whirley Road, are the developer and council going to install pavements in the places where it is missing, so pedestrians can walk safely?
- Pollution. Nearby Broken Cross has the greatest traffic pollution in Macclesfield, what measures are in play to combat pollution?
- When are they proposing to add infrastructure like sewers and electric grid, both of which are currently at capacity?
- Where are they planning children will go to school, as Whirley school is full?
- Why have they given less than a weeks' notice of the consultation, and caused confusion by leafleting with the wrong dates?
- The plans are to be submitted by Robinsons Brewery, but who is the actual builder?
- What's the provision for affordable housing?
- What's the provision for off street parking? (Jasmine's parking woefully lacking, cars park on pavement)
- Will they be preserving the 500 new trees that were planted in this area in 2013 by volunteers from the local community ?
More news from Henbury
We're busy now getting ready for the popular family friendly Bonfire & Spectacular Firework Display on Henbury Millennium Green on Saturday November 2nd. There'll be the usual big fire to keep you warm with a " Guy Fawkes" on top. Who will he look like this year? The firework display will be even better than last year too , starting at about 6 pm so don't be...
#Collecting Wood For the Bonfire Saturday October 12thIt's that time of the year again when we need to thin and coppice the woodland on the Millennium Green to keep it in good health and at the same time provide enough wood for the Annual Bonfire and Firework Display that has become such an essential part of the Henbury calendar.We'll be working on the Green between 10 and 12.30...
Don't Delay. Get your Tickets Right Away The Quiz Nights are always great fun for all the family.Why not meet up with your friends and get a team together. It's far more fun than a Friday TV evening!See y'all...
Henbury Millennium Green