When you visit Henbury Church Hall on Tuesday Afternoon JULY 18th you might wish to ask the organisers some questions. Here's a few you could consider.
- What will they be doing about the water absorbed in the field currently, when it rains heavily? Flood plain?
- What are they doing with the stream than runs through the site?
- Does the plan include an exit on to Whirley Road, which in places is single track, and leads on to single track lanes? If the traffic does come down Whirley Road, are the developer and council going to install pavements in the places where it is missing, so pedestrians can walk safely?
- Pollution. Nearby Broken Cross has the greatest traffic pollution in Macclesfield, what measures are in play to combat pollution?
- When are they proposing to add infrastructure like sewers and electric grid, both of which are currently at capacity?
- Where are they planning children will go to school, as Whirley school is full?
- Why have they given less than a weeks' notice of the consultation, and caused confusion by leafleting with the wrong dates?
- The plans are to be submitted by Robinsons Brewery, but who is the actual builder?
- What's the provision for affordable housing?
- What's the provision for off street parking? (Jasmine's parking woefully lacking, cars park on pavement)
- Will they be preserving the 500 new trees that were planted in this area in 2013 by volunteers from the local community ?
More news from Henbury
Get down to the Millennium Green by 2 pm on Saturday afternoon to enjoy the wonderful Henbury Summer Fete There'll be lots of lovely things going on there there and fun to be had. See You there...
The Henbury Society are delighted that many more people volunteered to help with the Annual Village Clean-up this year.Despite the weather not living up to the earlier forecast, a few hardy souls carried on regardless in the damp and rain on Saturday morning, and others joined in again this morning.As a result, Henbury should look it's best for the Summer Fete this coming...
Please don't forget the village clean-up!The weather forecast doesn't look too bad — hopefully dry!The Annual Village Clean-up (organised by the Henbury Society) is scheduled for Saturday 8th June, and we are hoping for as many volunteers as possible. All are welcome — young and old! The meeting point is the Church car park from 9:30 onwards and we like to finish at lunch time...
Church Hall Car Park