When you visit Henbury Church Hall on Tuesday Afternoon JULY 18th you might wish to ask the organisers some questions. Here's a few you could consider.
- What will they be doing about the water absorbed in the field currently, when it rains heavily? Flood plain?
- What are they doing with the stream than runs through the site?
- Does the plan include an exit on to Whirley Road, which in places is single track, and leads on to single track lanes? If the traffic does come down Whirley Road, are the developer and council going to install pavements in the places where it is missing, so pedestrians can walk safely?
- Pollution. Nearby Broken Cross has the greatest traffic pollution in Macclesfield, what measures are in play to combat pollution?
- When are they proposing to add infrastructure like sewers and electric grid, both of which are currently at capacity?
- Where are they planning children will go to school, as Whirley school is full?
- Why have they given less than a weeks' notice of the consultation, and caused confusion by leafleting with the wrong dates?
- The plans are to be submitted by Robinsons Brewery, but who is the actual builder?
- What's the provision for affordable housing?
- What's the provision for off street parking? (Jasmine's parking woefully lacking, cars park on pavement)
- Will they be preserving the 500 new trees that were planted in this area in 2013 by volunteers from the local community ?
More news from Henbury
18th March & 24th MarchWith spring on the way (?) it's time for Henbury Environment Project activities, and this year Parish Councillor Simon Browne will be continuing the tradition of planting new hedgerows to improve the Henbury landscape, and help wildlife across the Parish. Why not come along and join the Henbury volunteers, spending as little or as much time as you want on...
A QUIZ EVENING With a Twist? and a light supperHenbury Events Committee are running their ever popular QUIZ NIGHT in HENBURY CHURCH HALL on FRIDAY March 16th 2018Starting at 7.30 PM. Tickets Adults £8 Children £5 Everyone's welcome !! Drinks will be available To avoid disappointment and to be sure there's some supper...
Henbury Millennium Green Work DayOn Sunday February 11th the Millennium Green Trustees, supported by some valiant local volunteers, were out in the snow doing winter maintenance on our beloved Green. The live willow dome over near the sundial, which the children love play in, grows so vigorously in the summer that it needs a "haircut" in the winter. And here you can see it after the...
Church Hall Car Park