When you visit Henbury Church Hall on Tuesday Afternoon JULY 18th you might wish to ask the organisers some questions. Here's a few you could consider.
- What will they be doing about the water absorbed in the field currently, when it rains heavily? Flood plain?
- What are they doing with the stream than runs through the site?
- Does the plan include an exit on to Whirley Road, which in places is single track, and leads on to single track lanes? If the traffic does come down Whirley Road, are the developer and council going to install pavements in the places where it is missing, so pedestrians can walk safely?
- Pollution. Nearby Broken Cross has the greatest traffic pollution in Macclesfield, what measures are in play to combat pollution?
- When are they proposing to add infrastructure like sewers and electric grid, both of which are currently at capacity?
- Where are they planning children will go to school, as Whirley school is full?
- Why have they given less than a weeks' notice of the consultation, and caused confusion by leafleting with the wrong dates?
- The plans are to be submitted by Robinsons Brewery, but who is the actual builder?
- What's the provision for affordable housing?
- What's the provision for off street parking? (Jasmine's parking woefully lacking, cars park on pavement)
- Will they be preserving the 500 new trees that were planted in this area in 2013 by volunteers from the local community ?
More news from Henbury
#Henbury Summer Fete . Saturday June16th 2018 . On the Millennium GreenPlease raid your cupboards and empty your lofts!!Donations of tombola prizes, unwanted toys, books, cakes, plants and anything that might sell (!) will be gratefully received with open armsIf you are available and willing, we would love you to come and help too.Contact Ann Cousin 26 Hightree Drive Tel No ...
#We Promised You a New Buzzard and Here It is Going in Place!True to his word Ed Pilkington arrived last Thursday with the new buzzard he's carved for the Millennium Green. It's based on a 12 foot long sturdy bough of oak stripped of its bark. The lower section was treated with wood preserver before being most skilfully manoeuvred by Ed into a four foot deep hole near the Green...
Farewell to an Old FriendWe are sad to say that the beautiful Buzzard that has welcomed visitors to the Millennium Green ever since the Summer Fete in June 2007 has come to the end of its days. It's been an icon on the Green and even became known as The Millennium Falcon when Pokemon — Go was popular! But the wood has rotted and woodpeckers have have pecked holes in the pillar on which...