Did you know that there are still places available on a FREE 6 week Taste for Life cookery courses running at Macclesfield Leisure Centre starting on 11th January?
The course aims to encourage more people to cook meals at home, from scratch, using basic ingredients. You will also learn about the benefits of healthy eating at low cost!
Courses are available to anyone who is:
- A Cheshire East resident
- Aged 18 years and over
- Motivated and wanting learn to cook from scratch and improve cookery skills and eating habits.
During the 6 week cookery course participants will learn to:
- How to cook low cost, healthy nutritious meals from scratch.
- Understand and read food labels
- Prepare portion sizes
- Learn to forward plan and prepare meals
- Reduce waste & utilise store cupboard ingredients
- How to source healthy balanced recipes
- Understand the eat well guide and 5 food groups
You can find out more here, but be quick as places are limited!
More news from Henbury
Henbury Parish Council has been alerted by Macclesfield MP, David Rutley, to the current proposal to transfer the last remaining adult inpatient mental health beds from Macclesfield to Chester.Currently, mental health services for adults with acute mental health conditions are provided at the well-respected Millbrook Unit in Macclesfield. This is the site of the last remaining in-patient beds...
Why not take a stroll around the lovely gardens at Henbury Hall next Sunday. You can get a preview hereAnd the Tearoom will be open so enjoy a cuppa as...
Henbury Summer FeteSaturday June 16th 2018 2 pm on the Millennium Green MAYPOLE DANCING , ARCHERY , JAZZ BAND , PLATE SMASHING ,CHILDRENS ENTERTAINER , STALLS , TOMBOLA , CHEF'S HOTDOGS , REFRESHMENTS , GRAND DRAW, SIDESHOWS ADMISSION: ADULTS £2.00 UNDER 14s FREE (inc...
Church Hall Car Park